Saturday & Sunday Program in July
The last course sold out in two weeks – don’t miss out, BOOK NOW
- Want to know more about what you are doing on the mat?
- Curious about yoga teaching?
- Want to understand how adjustments can help improve your yoga?
the yoga class
Take our two-day foundation training course to learn more about yoga, more about teaching, more about you!
Take your love of yoga a step deeper. Instead of the occasional yoga class, start with our Foundations Course and find your inner yogi.read more
The Foundation yoga journey, or you’ve been on this path for a while, our Foundation Courses will take you to the next level. Learn which adjustments may help you in a challenging pose. Learn the history of yoga and how it shows up during your yoga classes, whether you know it or not!
Our Foundation Course takes place over a weekend. You’ll commit six hours each day to this training, a small taste of the intensity you’ll experience on our Cert IV course. Each day begins with a 2-hour asana class, where you’ll be guided and instructed by our tutors, all with years of experience in their own practice as well as teaching. You’ll be supported, challenged and uplifted during this weekend course.
Further Your Practise in Two Days
The Foundation Course costs $399 for what is essentially a mini-retreat in Sydney. Once you’ve completed the course, you’ll be eligible for a discount of $200 on our 12 month Training Programme. At the end of the weekend, you’ll receive a course certificate. The completion of a TYH Foundations Course places you in an ideal position to start our government accredited Cert IV Teacher Training Course and become a certified yoga teacher!
Many people aren’t sure whether they’re “ready” for a Teacher Training Course, which is why our Foundation Courses are so popular. During the training weekend, you’ll experience a sample of what our Teacher Training students commit to on a 780-hour course. You will be surrounded by a community of like-minded yogis and The Yoga House trainers with years of experience. You’ll be able to ask a question that may be burning bright in your heart, the question: “Am I Ready?…”
- Recognised qualification: The Yoga House Letter of Completion (10 hours)
- Course fees: $399. Participants receive a $200 discount off any future Nationally Recognised Teacher Training course at The Yoga House
- Email us here or call us at 02 9817 0078
Foundation course outline
- What is Yoga?: An introduction and brief history of the tradition and philosophy of yoga
- Insights into being a yoga teacher: Specific instruction and training and how we use yoga moves and breath to change the way we feel
- Adjustments Clinic: Dissect asana adjustments in order to understand how yoga teachers achieve alignment and correction
- Breath work: In this workshop, you’ll have an opportunity to learn about pranayama and how to use the breath for a therapeutic effect.
- 8 directions of energy: Examine how the laws of the universe also govern our body’s shape and functionality. Feel the meridian experience and how it will revolutionise your practise
- Find Your Voice: Take a leap of faith and see what it’s like to actually teach yoga. You’ll be surprised at what you can do.