A quick, simple, no fuss Macro Bowl recipe of Soba Noodles with Roasted Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Eggs, Nuts & Creamy Goat Cheese.
What you will need
- 1 tub of grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons macadamia oil (divided)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 packet organic soba noodles
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 60 gms of portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cups baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 120 gms goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
How to get it done
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Pop the tomatoes to a baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the salt and red pepper. Toss to combine and then bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, giving them a shake halfway through, until some of the tomatoes have burst and released some of their yummy juices. Set aside.
- Whilst all that is going on you can bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add in the soba noodles and cook (find out how to cook the perfect noodle). Drain and then rinse well with cold water.
- Warm up a large skillet over medium heat and pop in the remaining macadamia oil. When hot, add in the red onion and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, until it starts to soften and the onion ‘mist’ is no longer rising from the pan.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, until tender.
- Pop the spinach leaves and cook until wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now you can turn off the heat and add in the tomatoes and soba noodles tossing until all the ingredients are mixed through the noodles. You can drizzle a bit more oil over the top if the noodles seem a little dry.
- Have a taste and season with salt and additional red pepper flakes if you like.
- Scoop some of the pasta mixture into a serving bowl, top with walnuts, goat cheese and hard-boiled eggs.
Serves about 4 or can be taken in to work for yummy lunches.