Impress everyone at your Christmas in July festivities with our Roasted Stuffed Pumpkin. Even the carnivores will be lining up to enjoy this fantastic dish.
What to shop for
- 1 large Kent or Jap pumpkin
- 1 cup chick peas
- 1 cup tahini
- 100 g feta crumbled
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- dill to taste
- 1/2 cup boiled water
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- organic sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Now for some cooking
Chickpeas should be soaked overnight and then rinsed.
- Boil up the chickpeas with seaweed stick for 40 mins. Drain and rinse.
- Wash and dry the pumpkin and cut a circle top out of the top of the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds. Wash out the insides of the pumpkin.
- Rub the pumpkin skin with oil.
- Dissolve miso paste in boiled water.
- Pop the chick peas, tahini, and dissolved miso paste into the belly of the pumpkin and then use a stick blender to mash the mixture into a paste.
- Cover with crumbled feta, chopped dill and pine nuts, pushing all the stuffing firmly and cover with the pumpkin lid. Don’t forget to rub the oil into the lid too.
- Place pumpkin in a moderate oven and bake for 1 hour.
Serve with green bean salad or your favourite roast meat. We often make a gravy with the fantastic juices left in the pan – don’t let them go to waste.
Left-overs never tasted this good – makes a great packed lunch. Our Sydney Yoga Teacher Training Team love this one!