Hormonal imbalances are very common in women of all ages. But are you really listening to what your body may be trying to tell you.
If you are aged between 30 and 50 then we have a few questions for you.
- Do you experience mystery Aches and Pains? You might be a sore back one day, your left shoulder then next – and you have no idea why.
- “Middle aged spread” Are you starting to find fat in part of your body that have never had fat there before. Especially around the middle?
- Do you feel uncomfortable and bloated one day, and the next day it has disappeared?
- Have your periods changed? Heavy bleeding when you do get your periods, or missing some all together.
- Are your feeling a bit irrational sometimes? Moody or irritable.
- Have you had to go out shopping lately and buy new bras with a bigger cup size?
- Are your breasts very sore and tender? That heavy pain you used to suffer with when your periods first started or during pregnancy.
- Have you been diagnosed with fibroids, polyps, or getting inconclusive pap smears?
- Do you get easily distracted by the shiny things around you? Suffering with the goldfish brain syndrome – taking longer to recall things and finding it hard to concentrate.
If you said yes to more than one of those questions, then there is one more we want to ask.
Have you heard of peri-menopause?
It usually starts in a woman’s 40s, but can start in the 30s as well. Peri-menopause will then last up until menopause, the point when the ovaries stop releasing eggs and you stop menstruating. In the last 1-2 years of peri-menopause, the drop in oestrogen accelerates. At this stage, many women can experience hormonal changes and some menopause symptoms.
To find out more about peri-menopause and a natural way to re-balance your hormones with our 21 Day Oestrogen Equaliser Detoxification Program, call and book an appointment with Lisa Masters in The Yoga House Clinic on 9817 0078.
Our programs include TCM and natural treatments, and easy to follow programs with daily emails on what foods to eat, recipes to enjoy, herbal supplement prescriptions and a few painless lifestyle changes that you can take or leave – it’s totally up to you. .