The super soup for detoxing, or just enjoying with the family.
You will need to get
- 1 medium yellow onion, large diced
- 4 medium Jerusalem artichokes
- 2 medium parsnips peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 medium carrot peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 medium celery root trimmed, peeled, and cut into large dice
- 1 medium fennel bulb stalks trimmed, cored, and cut into large dice
- 1 medium turnip peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more as needed
- 6 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
There are seven different vegetables in this soup which give it a great complex flavor and lots of texture, but if you can’t find one of them, just use more of any of the others.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of stock in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat and add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and the measured salt, stir to combine, and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook, stirring every 5 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften but still hold their shape, about 20 minutes total.
- Increase the heat to medium high, add the broth, stir to combine, and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are fork tender, about 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat. Add the measured lemon juice, rosemary, and stir to combine.
- Taste and season with additional salt and lemon juice as needed.